Q. Can I have a shortcut to insert a Quick Part?
A. If you have brief statements that you need to insert into various letters, reports and other documents, you can create a Quick Part for it. If you store a lot of Quick Parts, finding the one you need may require more than a little clicking and scrolling. Consider recording a Macro. While setting up your recording, assign a. If you have a lot of Quick Parts, you’ll possibly be recording these steps.
- Click on Insert tab, Text group, Quick Parts button.
- Choose Building Blocks Organizer near the bottom of the dropdown list.
- Click the Gallery column title to sort by Gallery.
- Scroll down and look for the items in the Quick Parts gallery.
- Select the one you want and choose Close. This will insert the Quick Part wherever your mouse cursor is located in the document.
Another technique to consider is AutoCorrect. Select the text you want to automate. Click on the File tab and Options. Click the AutoCorrect button from the Proofing category. Type an abbreviation for this character string in the Replace field.
- Tip Card: Business Management Daily's Favorite Keyboard Shortcuts
- If you always type in long text strings, lighten your typing load with AutoCorrect
- Sorting out the different terms in Word's Track Changes feature
- Change multiple line spacing in Word 2007 and 2010, for good!
- Use Word's Paragraph Settings dialog box to set tab stops