If you’re in HR for the federal government, here’s some good news: Federal employees filed 16,723 complaints of job discrimination with the EEOC in the past fiscal year, down from more than 18,000 the previous year. For several prior years, complaints topped 20,000. Overall discrimination complaints from U.S. workers (including the private sector) held steady last year at about 75,000 claims. For a breakdown by type of discrimination charge, go to www.eeoc.gov/stats/charges.html.
- Recoup training costs, but beware doing so with last paycheck
- I-9 issues: To copy or not to copy employee ID documents? (and 4 other I-9 problems that cause employer headaches)
- Put more 'human' in your HR: 7 ways to boost visibility
- Exhibit A: Avoid the 3 most common documentation mistakes
- When you hire someone with a disability ...