Q. How many hours must employees work to be considered full time? Part time?
A. There is no legal standard for how many hours per week constitute full-time or part-time work. Typically, employers define full-time as 37.5 to 40 hours per week. Often, there is a definition for part time inif part-time employees are excluded from coverage. However, you are free to define those terms for your company.
- Stop legal bait-and-switch by documenting, retaining copies of employee complaints
- Make sure return-to-work requirements are reasonable
- Hold It! Must You Allow Unlimited Bathroom Breaks?
- Senate votes "No!" but Obama NLRB appointee could still force you to unionize
- How to comply with New York's new Military Spouse Leave Law