Q. How many hours must employees work to be considered full time? Part time?
A. There is no legal standard for how many hours per week constitute full-time or part-time work. Typically, employers define full-time as 37.5 to 40 hours per week. Often, there is a definition for part time inif part-time employees are excluded from coverage. However, you are free to define those terms for your company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- State Supreme Court reaffirms: At-will employment is the Texas standard
- 11th Circuit topples hurricane-proof crane standards
- Notify staff how you count FMLA year
- Just got served with court papers? It's OK to impose already-Planned discipline