Q. When, if ever, can our company legally ask an applicant about his or her religious affiliation?
A. You should avoid asking applicants about their religious affiliation unless they request a religious accommodation. In that event, you may inquire about the bona fide belief they hold that requires an accommodation.
- Make sure your policy is understood before rejecting applicants because of bankruptcy
- Climb over the hill of age discrimination claims
- Deciding on promotion? Purge file of prior litigious actions
- Internships aren't 'free labor' if they violate the FLSA
- Can the 'Paperless office' work in an HR environment?