Q. When, if ever, can our company legally ask an applicant about his or her religious affiliation?
A. You should avoid asking applicants about their religious affiliation unless they request a religious accommodation. In that event, you may inquire about the bona fide belief they hold that requires an accommodation.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Consider leasing staff; PEO market is evolving
- Big firms seeking partners that can prove staff diversity
- General Mills, Mayo Clinic on Fortune 'best companies' list
- Handling new hires or promotions from within, document every step of interview process