Last month’s official report detailing the institutional breakdown at Penn State regarding the Jerry Sandusky case noted that the university’s HR department was also left in the dark about the child-abuse allegations.
Why wasn’t HR notified? Because HR functions were too decentralized and removed from the school’s president, the report said. It suggests the HR director report directly to the university president, and that HR be separated from the finance division. The university has begun training all staff on requirements to report offenses.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Win the talent war: Today's pipeline is tomorrow's lifeline
- Behold GE's 5 growth-leadership traits
- Morgan Stanley gains yet more bad publicity over sexual harassment
- Employee fired after registering complaint is now suing? You could be personally liable