Last month’s official report detailing the institutional breakdown at Penn State regarding the Jerry Sandusky case noted that the university’s HR department was also left in the dark about the child-abuse allegations.
Why wasn’t HR notified? Because HR functions were too decentralized and removed from the school’s president, the report said. It suggests the HR director report directly to the university president, and that HR be separated from the finance division. The university has begun training all staff on requirements to report offenses.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Mich. firm holds employee banquet for 21st straight year
- Prepare to make clear-cut case before firing public employee working on contract
- Tab tops $60,000 in firing of pregnant bartender
- Carrot or stick? Motivating managers to finish reviews