1. What segment of employees are twice as likely to file workers’ comp claims and miss 13 times more days than the average employee?
a. Morbidly obese employees
b. Employees over age 50
c. Employees in deskbound jobs
2. What three special employer benefits, in order, do people say they want most in the summer?
a. Ability to leave early on Friday, flex schedules, relaxed dress code
b. Relaxed dress code, flex schedules, company activities (picnics, etc.)
c. Flex schedules, ability to leave early on Fridays, company activities
3. Executives say that, on average, they can work on a task for 30 minutes without being interrupted. What are the top three causes of on-the-job distractions?
a. Phone calls, co-workers stopping by, hunger
b. Co-workers stopping by, phone calls, email alerts
c. Email alerts, social media, phone calls
4. More than half (52%) of U.S. employees surveyed said they believe their manager is “rarely” or “never” interested in their:
a. Day-to-day duties
b. Life beyond the workplace
c. Professional development
5. The Affordable Care Act says individuals must have health insurance (or pay a penalty) by what date?
a. Jan. 1, 2014
b. Jan. 1, 2013
c. July 1, 2014
6. When asked how close they were to earning their “desired salary,” what percentage of Americans said “nowhere near”?
Sources: 1. National Council on Compensation Insurance; 2. OfficeTeam survey; 3. The Creative Group survey; 4. Lee Hecht Harrison survey; 5. Affordable Care Act; 6. CareerBuilder survey.
Answers: 1. a 2. c 3. b 4. c 5. a 6. b