Where do you stand statistically in comparison to other taxpayers?
Alert: The IRS has released the spring 2012 issue of the Statistics of Income (SOI) Bulletin to the general public. This issue features a wealth of information on a wide variety of tax aspects.
The spring 2012 SOI Bulletin covers:
• High-income personal returns: For 2009, 3,924,489 individual income tax returns reported adjusted gross income (AGI) of $200,000 or more. These high-income returns represent, respectively, 2.793% and 2.830% of all returns for 2009. In comparison, for 2008, there were 4,375,660 individual income tax returns with an AGI of $200,000 or more, and 4,416,986 with expanded income of $200,000 or more, representing 3.072% and 3.101%, respectively, of all returns filed for 2008.
• Noncash charitable contributions: For tax year 2009, 21.9 million individual taxpayers who itemized deductions reported $31.8 billion in deductions for noncash charitable contributions
• IRAs: At the end of tax year 2008, individual taxpayers held $3.7 trillion in IRAs, based on fair market value.
• Foreign recipients of U.S. income: For tax year 2009, U.S. source income payments to foreign persons totaled $546.5 billion.
• Corporate income: For each tax year between 2004 and 2008, on average, 5% of corporate Schedule M-3 filers reported taxable income of more than $18.3 million.
• Gift tax returns: Individuals filed 223,000 federal gift tax returns to report almost $37.9 billion in assets transferred during 2009.
• Income and wealth: Almost 21% of estate tax decedents who died in 2007 reported income in the top 1% of the AGI distribution for tax year 2006.
Tip: Access the SOI Bulletin online at IRS.gov/taxstats. Printed copies are available from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, P.O. Box 371954, Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7954. The annual subscription rate is $53; single issues cost $39.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/32314/irs-releases-the-latest-taxpayer-stats "