Training videos: Where do you go to learn by watching? — Business Management Daily: Free Reports on Human Resources, Employment Law, Office Management, Office Communication, Office Technology and Small Business Tax Business Management Daily

Training videos: Where do you go to learn by watching?

Question: “I really learn best by watching a video of a task being performed rather than reading dry instructions, particularly when it comes to software applications. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find helpful videos for admin procedures?” – Jason J., Data Researcher

Frank McVeigh September 18, 2012 at 1:14 pm

We use online training and live training from Star12 Training at National Seminars. Lots of great webinars and online courses at a good price.

Holly Heinz July 25, 2012 at 7:59 am

I taught myself Excel using almost entirely YouTube, and I also used it to find out just what an administrative assistant does. If you just type in some keywords it’ll give you endless results. Steer yourself toward the ones with the most views.

Daunte July 24, 2012 at 12:09 pm

One time I got so frustrated with fixing the office copier I started looking online for videos about it instead of waiting for the tech. And I actually found one on So later on when someone asked me to send an internet fax, I went there again and sure enough they had a video about that too!

Edward J. July 24, 2012 at 9:17 am

I’ve found the training videos at to be pretty indispensable for anything involving Office. These videos were made by the people at the company and they’re well-produced and incredibly helpful!

Barbie M July 20, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I’ve used and Some of the tips are great for home too!

Diane J-H July 19, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Check out It’s amazing what I can learn out there!