Scott Kody is suing the village of Schaumburg, claiming it discriminated against him when it stripped him of his fire-safety training duties three years ago. In a federal lawsuit, Kody cites statements concerning his age that Schaumburg Fire Department officials allegedly made.
Kody worked as the department’s public education officer from 1984 until he was demoted in September 2009. He alleges his superiors stated he was “getting up in age.”
Kody initially filed complaints with the federal EEOC and the Illinois Department of Human Rights. The village denies any wrongdoing.
Apparently Kody isn’t too old for some fire department duties. He continues to work as a firefighter and paramedic.
- Cargill Meat Solutions settles discrimination charges
- Williamhouse settles pay-Bias lawsuit with three employees
- Mandating New-Age spirituality at work can trigger an Old-School lawsuit
- Supreme Court: One crude remark doesn't equal hostile environment
- Don't let religion be an excuse for missing work when it's not the real reason