One principle of commando business operations: Repeat your successes.
Restaurant chains are good at replication. If you visit two or more restaurants in the same successful chain, you can see the same food, service and atmosphere repeated over and over. One example: the Cheesecake Factory.
True practitioners of this method can introduce product after related product, repeating the same formula for success:
1. Find a product no one seems to want or that is in decline.
2. Analyze the market to make sure demand is still large enough to support a major success.
3. Gain total control over the product at the lowest possible cost.
4. Promote the product as hard as you can in new and surprising ways.
5. After its sales have peaked, license it to someone and move on.
— Adapted from Secrets of Special Ops, William A. Cohen, Amacom.