In some parts of the country, children will head back to school in just a few weeks. The beginning of the school year can be fraught with stress and tension for kids and their parents, too. Result: less productive and often absent employees.
Reminder: The federal Some state laws do: In most cases, employees may substitute paid accrued leave for unpaid leave.doesn’t cover employees who take time off for school visits or to care for kids who aren’t seriously ill but who must stay home from school.
- Stillwater, Okla. restaurant adds 'minimum wage fee' to checks
- How independent contractor can qualify for unemployment
- What will Congress do for (or to) your business for the rest of 2004?
- COBRA Compliance Complications Multiplied By The Economic Stimulus Law (ARRA)
- Reduction in force? Make sure severance packages are equitable for similar employees