In some parts of the country, children will head back to school in just a few weeks. The beginning of the school year can be fraught with stress and tension for kids and their parents, too. Result: less productive and often absent employees.
Reminder: The federal Some state laws do: In most cases, employees may substitute paid accrued leave for unpaid leave.doesn’t cover employees who take time off for school visits or to care for kids who aren’t seriously ill but who must stay home from school.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Talking the talk: Be careful with these 5 'lightning rod' terms
- $4.2 million settlement in parking lot wage case
- Minimum wage rising to $7.25; Obama calls for $9.50 by 2011
- Solidify an independent contractor's status by proving he turned down employee job offer