To hire the best new employees for its culture, Richmond, Va.-based Snagajob.com lets its current employees assist with the hiring.
The online recruitment firm trains employees in interviewing skills and then calls on them to help the CEO select new hires. Once onboard, new hires are greeted by a Culture Squad of co-workers. They also write up a “Snagger Confession,” a list of mostly fun personal details to share with colleagues via the company’s intranet.
Plus, newcomers receive a manual that details the company’s culture, explains the business—and lists nearby restaurants other employees like.
Contact: Stacey Brucia, (804) 381-5132.
- Crack down on association discrimination—especially if there are threats of violence
- How can we make sure Halloween party costumes don't cross the line?
- Calling in 'sick' won't trigger FMLA; employee must give details
- Employees use work skills to improve communities
- Beware bias claims when accommodations differ