Health care costs are expected to grow at about 7.5% next year, reflecting the sluggish economy and employer efforts to hold down expenses, says a new study by Pricewaterhouse-Coopers.
Employers are using two main strategies to control costs in 2013: health promotion/wellness programs and the ever-popular increasing employees’ share of costs. Wellness programs are now offered by 72% of employers and half are considering expanding their programs next year.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When high-level harassment erupts, act fast to prevent even worse legal trouble
- Independent contractors may charge harassment under NJLAD
- More reason to avoid overtime violations: Steeper penalties
- Paycheck problems: Know limits on deductions, promptness of pay