Health care costs are expected to grow at about 7.5% next year, reflecting the sluggish economy and employer efforts to hold down expenses, says a new study by Pricewaterhouse-Coopers.
Employers are using two main strategies to control costs in 2013: health promotion/wellness programs and the ever-popular increasing employees’ share of costs. Wellness programs are now offered by 72% of employers and half are considering expanding their programs next year.
- Use workers' compensation policy checklist to avoid retaliation lawsuits
- Play ball! But prevent legal risks at company activities
- Slumping auto market puts salespeople out of commission
- House votes to make misclassifying independent contractors a third-Degree felony
- Don't sweat minor compensation differences