More Pennsylvania residents alleged they suffered retaliation than any particular form of discrimination—1,599 in all.
Note: Many EEOC discrimination charges also allege retaliation.
Among those who claimed discrimination, the most common allegation was disability discrimination, with 1,339 charges. Second most was sex discrimination (1,290), followed by race discrimination (1,178) and age bias (1,174).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Warn bosses: E-mail is smoking-gun evidence
- One wrong word can launch a lawsuit: Warn bosses about the danger of ageist comments
- Know when to fold 'em: Sometimes, settling lawsuit is wisest move
- Older replacement won't erase age bias claim