When the Society for Human Resource
HR professionals have spent the week focused on the U.S. Supreme Court, which Monday issued an important decision affecting immigration and hiring and announced that it will hear another critical HR case next year. That was all build-up to Thursday, when the High Court is expected to issue its long-awaited ruling on the constitutionality of the 2010 health care reform law.
Arizona’s ‘illegal alien’ law
On Monday, the Supreme Court overturned many of the provisions in S.B. 1070, a controversial 2010 Arizona law enacted in an effort to curb illegal immigration into the state.
The Supreme Court’s decision in Arizona et al. v. United States let stand a provision that allows Arizona police to demand identification papers from those...(register to read more)
- Remember, you—not employee—choose ADA accommodation
- HR Groups Rally Around Legislation to Create New Electronic Verification System
- Announcing terminations: What's the smartest way?
- Class actions exploded in '08, employers continue to pay the price
- Watch what you promise: Michigan employment contracts can be oral