FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 25, 2012
Contact: Elizabeth Hall, Senior Web Editor
(800) 543-2055 (703) 905-8000
Free FMLA Podcast Will Teach HR Pros Advanced Tips for Handling FMLA Issues
Falls Church, Va. — Updated regulations under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) have opened a whole new area of potential risks and legal hoops to jump through. But they also hand human resources professionals some additional tools to protect their organizations and fight back against employees who abuse the FMLA.
“The updated rules drastically change the way much of the FMLA works,” says Matthew Effland, Esq., a shareholder with Ogletree Deakins. “It's imperative that HR professionals update their policies so they don't inadvertently violate the law.”
Business Management Daily’s podcast FMLA in the Trenches: Advanced tips and tactics to protect your company will teach HR professionals how to administer and apply the FMLA in the face of regulatory updates, statutory changes and new court rulings. Business Management Daily is offering this informative podcast FREE for a limited time to highlight the importance of complying with the FMLA. FMLA in the Trenches is presented by Effland, who represents employers in employment law litigation and provides training to managers around the United States.
This podcast will teach HR pros:
- How to manage practical FMLA issues, not just the legal ones. They’ll learn not just what the FMLA says, but what it actually means.
- How to leverage the employer protections in the law so they’ll never feel taken advantage of again.
- Important new FMLA court decisions that reshape compliance requirements.
- How to master FMLA paperwork.
- How to confidently handle any FMLA question employees throw at them.
- How to stop those employees who attempt to misuse the FMLA system.
“This comprehensive training focuses not only on the updated requirements of the FMLA, but how those requirements work with the law that’s been an administrative nightmare for more than 18 years,” says Business Management Daily’s Senior Web Editor Elizabeth Hall. “By the end of this podcast, you will feel much more comfortable applying the revised and expanded FMLA in your workplace.”
Learn how to tackle the complex (and legally dangerous) FMLA issues you face each day – Download Business Management Daily’s FMLA in the Trenches: Advanced tips and tactics to protect your company now. This offer is only available through July 5.
Business Management Daily provides plain-English, actionable news, information and tips to busy professionals in the areas of human resources, leadership, management, administrative skills, office technology, employment law, tax and more. Subscribe to our free e-newsletters and download our free reports. ‘Like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter at @BizDaily.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/31983/free-fmla-podcast-will-teach-hr-pros-advanced-tips-for-handling-fmla-issues "
- Business alert: Top 3 employer mistakes and how to avoid them
- Free report on FMLA helps organizations prevent intermittent leave abuse and avoid lawsuits
- Free report offers beneficial techniques for improving office organization
- The key to a good admin-boss relationship
- Administrative professionals on LinkedIn provide their favorite online resources