A white Chicago teacher was suspended for five days after he used the N-word in what he described as a “teachable moment.” The teacher used the epithet after he caught students passing a note containing rap lyrics that included the word. The teacher said he used the word to denounce it.
The teacher appealed his suspension but lost. Now he’s suing the school district, seeking unspecified damages.
- Between honesty and discretion, what's the best approach to reference requests?
- Using Independent Contractors
- Planning for the worst: Implementing a workplace violence policy
- Can we search employees' work areas while investigating a string of thefts?
- Case tossed for lack of facts? Don't discard files yet