A white Chicago teacher was suspended for five days after he used the N-word in what he described as a “teachable moment.” The teacher used the epithet after he caught students passing a note containing rap lyrics that included the word. The teacher said he used the word to denounce it.
The teacher appealed his suspension but lost. Now he’s suing the school district, seeking unspecified damages.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Arbitration and the executive order on Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces
- What should I consider when updating our noncompete agreements?
- When worker complains, find out if she's a 'Serial sue-er'
- OSHA Inspections: How to Prepare, How to Respond