1. The EEOC recently clarified that which group of people are covered under federal job anti-discrimination law?
a. Native Americans
b. Transgender people
c. Left-handed people
2. What are the three most important factors (in order) that attract people age 50 and older to an employer?
a. Base pay, challenging work, health benefits
b. Retirement benefits, health benefits, job security
c. Job security, health benefits, base pay
3. Nine of 10 workers age 46 to 65 agree that dating a colleague is a bad idea. What percentage of younger workers (18 to 29) say they’d date a co-worker?
4. More than half (52%) of U.S. employees say they don’t have “the time, interest or knowledge” to:
a. Understand the deductions on their paycheck
b. Manage their 401(k) portfolio properly
c. Figure out their employer’s business plan
5. A court convicted a Florida postal worker of workers’ comp fraud after she claimed she was too injured to work, yet was discovered to have:
a. Rolled a perfect game in her bowling league
b. Painted houses as a side job
c. Run the Boston Marathon
Sources: 1. EEOC; 2. Towers Watson survey; 3. Workplace Options survey; 4. Schwab Retirement Plan Services survey; 5. Florida U.S. District Court.
Answers: 1. b 2. c 3. c 4. b 5. c
- When competition might come from within, keep employees honest
- Perk up dull HR memos by spelling out personal benefit
- FMLA leave spikes before weekends, holidays? Investigate suspected abuse, fire if warranted
- How do I handle boss's personal demands without burning a bridge?
- 7 ways to smoke out lies in résumés