FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 18, 2012
Contact: Elizabeth Hall, Senior Web Editor
(800) 543-2055 (703) 905-8000
Free FMLA Sample Guidelines Will Help Organizations Develop Their Own FMLA Policy
Falls Church, Va. — It’s essential for organizations to have a written Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) policy for employees who need to take leave. With a well-defined and consistent policy in place, organizations can avoid abuse of the law by employees and getting caught up in legal problems.
“It’s extremely important that your organization has a carefully-worded, legally-sound policy for the FMLA,” says Business Management Daily’s Senior Web Editor Elizabeth Hall. “It needs to communicate your rules, standards and benefits.”
Business Management Daily’s FMLA Sample Policy: Example FMLA guidelines for organizations will show human resources professionals how to properly adhere to the FMLA, prevent misuse of the act by their employees and avoid lawsuits. Business Management Daily is offering this valuable resource FREE for a limited time to emphasize the importance of complying with the FMLA. This sample policy is presented as a word document that HR pros can edit for their own organizations.
FMLA Sample Policy: Example FMLA guidelines for organizations includes:
- Circumstances in which employees are allowed to take unpaid leave
- Guidelines for eligibility for FMLA leave
- Procedures for submitting leave requests
- Health benefits during FMLA leave
- Standards for job continuation after FMLA leave
These FMLA guidelines also include a customizable sample letter notifying an employee of FMLA leave.
“Once you get your clearly-written FMLA policy in place, your exposure to crippling employee lawsuits drops significantly,” says Hall.
Ensure your organization has a legally-sound FMLA policy in place – Download FMLA Sample Policy: Example FMLA guidelines for organizations now. This offer is only available through Thursday, June 21.
Have you mastered the fundamentals of the FMLA and would like more advanced lessons on the law? Business Management Daily’s next FREE download, podcast FMLA in the Trenches: Advanced tips and tactics to protect your company, will teach HR pros how to administer and apply the FMLA in the face of regulatory updates, statutory changes and new court rulings. Download it at www.BusinessManagementDaily.com and Business Management Daily’s LinkedIn group beginning Monday, June 25.
Business Management Daily provides plain-English, actionable news, information and tips to busy professionals in the areas of human resources, leadership, management, administrative skills, office technology, employment law, tax and more. Subscribe to our free e-newsletters and download our free reports. ‘Like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter at @BizDaily.
- Career-building webinar April 25 in honor of Administrative Professionals Week will sharpen professionals' writing skills
- New free special report will teach professionals to write effective meeting minutes
- LinkedIn group members provide their favorite training websites that help them in their careers
- Top 3 timesaving shortcuts for admins
- Business Management Daily offers free FMLA forms to help organizations comply with law