With workforces lean, it’s important to squeeze every bit of productivity out of employees. But squeeze too hard by not providing employees with state-mandated meal or rest breaks, and you’re likely to face a lawsuit. Two recent cases illustrate.
- N.C. court stops pay raises for migrant workers nationwide
- Review whether partially disabled employees can be removed from workers' comp
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws to ignore
- IRS cuts slack under final health premium tax credit regs
- 2011's biggest wage-and-hour issues--and what to do about them