HR professionals can’t be everywhere at once, making sure no boss ever harasses a subordinate. It will happen, even in the best, most progressive organizations. Protect against such nonsense with a robust anti-harassment policy and a commitment to promptly investigate harassment allegations.
- Settling a case? Make sure the agreement includes a ban on re-employment
- You may not even see EEOC complaint until lawsuit hits
- If you need to discipline, verify facts with several sources
- Free handout: The 9 discrimination flashpoints your managers must avoid
- Don't fall into the retaliation trap! Have solid reason for firing complainer