What’s your favorite summer perk? In an Adecco survey, here’s how U.S. workers ranked their most wished-for summer perks:
- Summer flextime: 60%
- Wardrobe flexibility: 42%
- Extra vacation days: 59% (women) and 42% (men)
In offices with “casual Fridays” or similar summertime wardrobe policies, most workers agreed that wearing flip-flops was the most offensive wardrobe choice. There was less agreement over what’s considered “too casual.”
According to 76% of women, strapless tops or dresses are inappropriate for the workplace. But only 55% of men agreed.
Eight out of 10 women believe mini-skirts don’t work at work, while only 61% of men agreed.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Break free of schedule to think strategically
- Negotiating union contracts: Seek attorney's help when drafting arbitration clause
- Turning those 'meetings' into 'doings'
- Handbook helps convince court to overturn discrimination decision