OSHA has cited Boomerang Rubber Inc. with 31 health and safety violations after a worker’s arm was amputated while he was performing maintenance on a rubber processing machine at a truck mat and mud flap manufacturing plant in Botkins.
Fines for the violations—including two willful violations and five repeat violations—totaled $265,160. The citations earned Boomerang a spot in OSHA’s Severe Violators Enforcement Program, reserved for employers that have racked up strings of repeat willful violations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Draw line on harassing behavior, even against top company execs
- Must we rehire returning service members? We have already hired replacement workers
- New law, pending bill extend workers' rights to use deadly force
- Franken introduces bill limiting mandatory arbitration