OSHA has cited Boomerang Rubber Inc. with 31 health and safety violations after a worker’s arm was amputated while he was performing maintenance on a rubber processing machine at a truck mat and mud flap manufacturing plant in Botkins.
Fines for the violations—including two willful violations and five repeat violations—totaled $265,160. The citations earned Boomerang a spot in OSHA’s Severe Violators Enforcement Program, reserved for employers that have racked up strings of repeat willful violations.
- Hire education: A step-by-step guide to legally safe hiring practices
- Beware constructive discharge: When work is so intolerable, employee feels he must quit
- Hostile e-mail was grounds for firing, federal court finds
- Listen for code words when evaluating discrimination complaints
- Lower retirement pay doesn't excuse late discrimination filing