OSHA has cited Boomerang Rubber Inc. with 31 health and safety violations after a worker’s arm was amputated while he was performing maintenance on a rubber processing machine at a truck mat and mud flap manufacturing plant in Botkins.
Fines for the violations—including two willful violations and five repeat violations—totaled $265,160. The citations earned Boomerang a spot in OSHA’s Severe Violators Enforcement Program, reserved for employers that have racked up strings of repeat willful violations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Managers may be personally liable under old bias law
- USERRA: Know your duty to returning disabled reservists
- Lawnside settles police dept. bias case for $350,000
- OK to deny reinstatement if returning worker can't perform essential job functions