OSHA has cited Boomerang Rubber Inc. with 31 health and safety violations after a worker’s arm was amputated while he was performing maintenance on a rubber processing machine at a truck mat and mud flap manufacturing plant in Botkins.
Fines for the violations—including two willful violations and five repeat violations—totaled $265,160. The citations earned Boomerang a spot in OSHA’s Severe Violators Enforcement Program, reserved for employers that have racked up strings of repeat willful violations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- NLRB's relentless attack on employment policies continues
- Employers aren't required to offer intermittent FMLA leave for birth, adoptions
- Personnel records: What to store, when to shred ... and 7 laws you must comply with
- Not so warm and fuzzy at Build-A-Bear Workshop these days