OSHA has cited Boomerang Rubber Inc. with 31 health and safety violations after a worker’s arm was amputated while he was performing maintenance on a rubber processing machine at a truck mat and mud flap manufacturing plant in Botkins.
Fines for the violations—including two willful violations and five repeat violations—totaled $265,160. The citations earned Boomerang a spot in OSHA’s Severe Violators Enforcement Program, reserved for employers that have racked up strings of repeat willful violations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Investigate thoroughly before settling bias suit
- Are you ill prepared? 13 steps to stay ahead of the H1N1 virus
- Advocacy goup says mediation board in conflict of interest on union issue
- North Carolina forms task force on worker misclassification