US Airways employees who go out of their way to help the airlines’ customers get more than job satisfaction or a pat on the back from a supervisor. They can win up to $10,000 for their extra effort.
The Tempe, Ariz.-based airline splits $260,000 among 360 employees each quarter as part of an “Above and Beyond” drawing that recognizes exceptional service both to customers and to fellow employees. Frequent fliers and managers may award employees with coupons that are entered into a quarterly drawing.
Since the program began in 2006, employees have collected nearly 270,000 coupons, and the company has awarded more than $6 million to more than 8,000 employees.
Contact: Elise Eberwein, US Airways Media Relations, (480) 693-5729.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When the school bell rings, do some employees go missing?
- 'Fiscal cliff' law bumps up education, commuter benefits
- Short-term disability: Does paid time off still accrue?
- Turn to legal or immigration experts when facing wage-and-hour complexities