US Airways employees who go out of their way to help the airlines’ customers get more than job satisfaction or a pat on the back from a supervisor. They can win up to $10,000 for their extra effort.
The Tempe, Ariz.-based airline splits $260,000 among 360 employees each quarter as part of an “Above and Beyond” drawing that recognizes exceptional service both to customers and to fellow employees. Frequent fliers and managers may award employees with coupons that are entered into a quarterly drawing.
Since the program began in 2006, employees have collected nearly 270,000 coupons, and the company has awarded more than $6 million to more than 8,000 employees.
Contact: Elise Eberwein, US Airways Media Relations, (480) 693-5729.
- Save money upon termination by including 'use it or lose it' leave policy in handbook
- HEXs and SHOPs: Welcome to the new world of health benefits
- DOL to take a tough stance on enforcing tip rules
- 'Fiscal cliff' law bumps up education, commuter benefits
- More information reporting in proposed tax overhaul