US Airways employees who go out of their way to help the airlines’ customers get more than job satisfaction or a pat on the back from a supervisor. They can win up to $10,000 for their extra effort.
The Tempe, Ariz.-based airline splits $260,000 among 360 employees each quarter as part of an “Above and Beyond” drawing that recognizes exceptional service both to customers and to fellow employees. Frequent fliers and managers may award employees with coupons that are entered into a quarterly drawing.
Since the program began in 2006, employees have collected nearly 270,000 coupons, and the company has awarded more than $6 million to more than 8,000 employees.
Contact: Elise Eberwein, US Airways Media Relations, (480) 693-5729.
- May we collect 'walkout' shortages from tips?
- Fiscal cliff averted: New law sets 2013 withholding rates; 'payroll tax holiday' expires
- HR as mobsters: Supreme Court lets workers use organized-Crime law to sue their employers
- States become key battleground in the minimum wage fight
- New law targets construction firms that misclassify workers