US Airways employees who go out of their way to help the airlines’ customers get more than job satisfaction or a pat on the back from a supervisor. They can win up to $10,000 for their extra effort.
The Tempe, Ariz.-based airline splits $260,000 among 360 employees each quarter as part of an “Above and Beyond” drawing that recognizes exceptional service both to customers and to fellow employees. Frequent fliers and managers may award employees with coupons that are entered into a quarterly drawing.
Since the program began in 2006, employees have collected nearly 270,000 coupons, and the company has awarded more than $6 million to more than 8,000 employees.
Contact: Elise Eberwein, US Airways Media Relations, (480) 693-5729.
- State High Court rules that tips are always wages
- No unemployment after griping about paltry poultry bonus
- Gender gap closing a bit, but equal-pay claims still rise
- Ohio WC seeks to curb prescription painkiller abuse
- Injured worker? Contest unemployment if worker quits before giving you a chance to help