FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elizabeth Hall, Senior Web Editor
(800) 543-2055 (703) 905-4608
May 31, 2012
Business Management Daily Offers 4 Free Resources in June to Help HR Pros Comply with FMLA
Falls Church, Va. — When an employee asks for time off because of a health condition or to take care of a family member with a health problem, HR professionals must know whether that leave qualifies under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
“It’s your responsibility as the employer to identify leave requests that could qualify as job-protected FMLA leave,” says Business Management Daily’s Senior Web Editor Elizabeth Hall. “In light of revised FMLA regulations, make sure your organization’s policies and employee handbook are up to date, and revisit how you track FMLA intermittent leave.”
To highlight the importance of complying with the FMLA, Business Management Daily is offering four free downloads throughout the month of June. These resources will help organizations and their HR pros follow the components of the complex act to control its misuse by employees and prevent lawsuits.
Here are the 4 free FMLA downloads that Business Management Daily is offering:
- FMLA Intermittent Leave: 5 guidelines on managing intermittent leave and curbing leave abuse under the new FMLA regulations. This valuable special report will teach HR pros the four changes they must comply with under the revised FMLA regulations and strategy tips for tracking FMLA intermittent leave. It also offers a step-by-step plan for handling suspicious FMLA requests by employees.
Look for this free report starting on Monday, June 4.
- FMLA Forms: 7 forms to help organizations comply with the FMLA. With these downloads, HR pros don’t have to worrying about poorly worded documents that don’t provide any legal protection. These free HR forms use the EXACT language required under federal law — and by the courts. Find forms for the Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition, Designation Notice, and Notice of Eligibility and Rights and Responsibility.
Available on Monday, June 11.
- FMLA Sample Policy: Example FMLA guidelines for organizations. This customizable sample policy outlines when employees are allowed to take unpaid leaves of absence, the guidelines for eligibility for FMLA leave and procedures for submitting FMLA leave requests. Also download a sample letter notifying an employee of FMLA leave. HR professionals can edit this sample policy for their own organizations.
Download this FMLA sample policy beginning on Monday, June 18.
- FMLA in the Trenches: Advanced tips and tactics to protect your company. This informative podcast will teach HR pros how to master FMLA paperwork, confidently handle any FMLA question employees throw at them and stop the employees who attempt to “game” the FMLA system. Presented by Matthew Effland, Esq., a shareholder with Ogletree Deakins and dynamic speaker at SHRM, this recording has also been approved for 1.25 credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification.
Available on Monday, June 25.
“These resources will help you understand FMLA regulations and provide you with guidelines on curbing FMLA abuse to significantly improve your overall compliance with the act,” Hall says.
Business Management Daily provides plain-English, actionable news, information and tips to busy professionals in the areas of human resources, leadership, management, administrative skills, office technology, employment law, tax and more. Subscribe to our free e-newsletters and download our free reports. ‘Like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter at @BizDaily.
- New free report offers Excel help tips to save time and reduce stress in the workplace
- 'HR Professionals Week' starts March 5 featuring free HR training tools
- Free keyboard shortcuts will reduce typing errors and save time at work
- New resource provides guidelines for developing effective record retention schedule
- Informative report teaches professionals how to ensure their heirs receive their money--and not the IRS