A study by economists in Buenos Aires found that when a photo accompanies a job application (as is common in Argentina), attractive applicants of both genders get called in for interviews more often.
The researchers sent 2,500 fictional applicants with similar résumés yet different photos. Of the attractive candidates, 10.3% were called, compared with 7.6% of the “unattractive” ones.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- It's not a crime to require applicants to sign arbitration agreements
- Employment contracts: Can your workers claim an 'implied' contract?
- Race bias lawsuits alive and well
- University of Alabama shooting: What could have been done to keep staff safe?