A study by economists in Buenos Aires found that when a photo accompanies a job application (as is common in Argentina), attractive applicants of both genders get called in for interviews more often.
The researchers sent 2,500 fictional applicants with similar résumés yet different photos. Of the attractive candidates, 10.3% were called, compared with 7.6% of the “unattractive” ones.
- On references, mum's usually the word, but sometimes honesty is the best policy
- Committee choosing employees for promotion? Insist on complete record of selection factors
- When interviewing applicants, beware these red flags
- Protected speech can be used to prove retaliation
- Law 101: Anti-Harassment training for managers, supervisors