WellPoint, the largest U.S. health insurer (based on commercial membership), has tied part of its 42,000 employees’ annual bonuses to the health of its 34 million members.
The insurer has created a Member Health Index of 20 clinical areas that reflect the quality of care individuals received. It targets prevention, care, clinical outcomes and safety. Five percent of every employee’s bonus depends on achieving goals.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/3163/largest-insurer-ties-staff-bonuses-to-customers-health "
- How your management style can stop workplace violence
- Handle with care if older employee's performance slips
- Don't let petty grievances cost you sleep: They seldom cause discrimination liability
- Court Says: It's Up to You to Stay Current on Industry-Specific Regs
- Employee leaves in ambulance: How much to disclose?