Do the mental health and substance abuse benefits offered through your group health plan comply with the federal Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008? That law generally requires your mental health benefits to be equivalent to the coverage you offer for medical care. (Some states set even stricter requirements regarding mental health coverage.)
The U.S. Department of Labor last month issued a set of frequently asked questions (FAQs) that help clarify employers’ duties under the law. Access it here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Does a natural disaster make former employees eligible for unemployment benefits?
- Supremes: No pay for time spent on security screening
- HEXs and SHOPs: Welcome to the new world of health benefits
- How can we legally cut all salaries by 10%?