Do the mental health and substance abuse benefits offered through your group health plan comply with the federal Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008? That law generally requires your mental health benefits to be equivalent to the coverage you offer for medical care. (Some states set even stricter requirements regarding mental health coverage.)
The U.S. Department of Labor last month issued a set of frequently asked questions (FAQs) that help clarify employers’ duties under the law. Access it here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Call lawyer when changes mean employees must sign releases
- Downturn still takes toll on work/life balance
- Provide wage statements to all employees--even if they can't give a Social Security number
- 6 great perks from Fortune's '100 Best Companies to Work For'