Do the mental health and substance abuse benefits offered through your group health plan comply with the federal Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008? That law generally requires your mental health benefits to be equivalent to the coverage you offer for medical care. (Some states set even stricter requirements regarding mental health coverage.)
The U.S. Department of Labor last month issued a set of frequently asked questions (FAQs) that help clarify employers’ duties under the law. Access it here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Absence alone isn't grounds to deny unemployment comp
- When employee keeps our property, can we deduct from the last paycheck?
- What kinds of employers does the Illinois Employee Classification Act cover?
- IRS issues new guidance on deferred comp arrangements