Efforts to increase diversity and retention form the basis of two programs at New York-based Deloitte & Touche.
The BreakthroughProgram identifies about 25 of the company’s top minority professionals who exhibit leadership qualities. They participate in an eight-month program to network and build leadership skills while working to develop diversity strategies in the company.
Those employees then enter the pipeline as future company leaders. About 100 of the company’s 30,000 employees have participated.
The company’s Future Leaders Apprentice Program recruits diverse college students for future employment and offers each one $5,000 in scholarships. Recently launched, the program has 22 scholars.
These programs cultivate leaders, prompt promotions and help retain young stars. When the company identifies someone as a leader, it keeps that employee engaged and connected, says Kaplan Mobray, diversity recruiting leader for Deloitte & Touche and a Breakthrough Leadership Program graduate.
Contact: Kaplan Mobray at email@example.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Prepare to back up claims in job interviews
- 'Star Wars' geek learned to go 'zoomba'
- Your favorite! Answers to 'What's the most bizarre thing you've ever experienced in a job interview?'
- Be careful whom you call a leader