Q. We had the NLRB union-rights notice laminated and it is ready to be posted in our break room. Now the deadline is off. Can we still display it? — A.D., Washington
A. You can, but it’s more prudent to wait and see if the posting is required after the appeals process is exhausted. There is no upside in posting now. You will only run into questions that you may not be prepared to address.
After an appeals court issued an injunction halting the April 30 posting deadline, the requirement to display the poster has been postponed indefinitely.
The best strategy is to wait and see what the courts and NLRB decide this fall.
For details on the controversy, see "Court injunction: No need to display pro-union poster ... for now."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Challenge huge attorneys' fees: Courts now have discretion to limit awards in some cases
- Supreme Court health care decision sets off health benefits scramble
- Alternative staffing models may save on employment costs
- The inaccessible break room and the ADA