Q. We had the NLRB union-rights notice laminated and it is ready to be posted in our break room. Now the deadline is off. Can we still display it? — A.D., Washington
A. You can, but it’s more prudent to wait and see if the posting is required after the appeals process is exhausted. There is no upside in posting now. You will only run into questions that you may not be prepared to address.
After an appeals court issued an injunction halting the April 30 posting deadline, the requirement to display the poster has been postponed indefinitely.
The best strategy is to wait and see what the courts and NLRB decide this fall.
For details on the controversy, see "Court injunction: No need to display pro-union poster ... for now."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- WHD takes $160K bite out of Fremont's BitMICRO
- Employment law in the Obama administration: What to expect
- California Supreme Court grants new free-Speech power to unions and customers
- Both love and justice are blind: Consider banning boss/employee relationships