Some employees are nothing but trouble. They complain constantly, and even gripes that might have some merit are often exaggerated. However, you must think twice before you summarily terminate such an employee. Reason: You could be falling straight into a retaliation trap. Treat such toxic workers with care.
- Open-Door policy is good insurance against harassment claims
- Courts say, 'Enough!': Employees must file all related claims at same time
- Beware of disability-rights law during job interviews
- EEOC sues over alleged 'mark of the beast' monitoring
- Check the validity of reasons behind a supervisor's call for firing