by Kimberly Deas
With new applications being released on a minute-by-minute basis, here are some of the best new applications that you might have missed.
1. Flipboard (iPhone, iPad) or Feely (Android): Turns your Facebook and Twitter feeds into a magazine-like format while allowing you to add additional feeds for an even more customized experience. Never miss important information again.
2. Circus Ponies NoteBook (iPad): Stores your information in electronic notebooks that are just like the paper ones you’ve used all your life. Set up dividers to create sections and subsections, and then fill the pages with your notes, lecture PDFs, web research, budget spreadsheets and anything else. With NoteBook you can record meetings and lectures, and sync every second to your notes, automatically.
3. Local Eats (iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry): While traveling, find all the great local places to eat with this app. The “what’s near me” feature allows you to quickly find local and authentic dining close to you.
4. Sign Now (iPhone, iPad, Android): Never worry again about how to sign a document while you are on the road. This clever application allows you to upload any PDF or word document from your email, Dropbox or camera and “sign” it by simply using your finger.
5. Greplin (iPhone, iPad): Find anything quickly. Search emails, files, accounts, basecamp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and much more for the information you want. This app will even highlight the important information (like phone numbers and addresses) to make them easier to spot and save.
Kimberly Deas combines her 10+ years’ experience in telecommunications with a background in personal coaching and results-oriented training.