How essential is the latest technology to today’s Gen Y workers, or those ages 18 to 29?
In a recent Workplace Options survey:
- 92% of Gen Y respondents said that offering access to the latest technology makes employers more attractive than their competition.
- 16% said they’d quit their jobs if they didn’t have access to the latest technology.
- 72% report that their reliance on technology in the workplace has increased in the past five years.
Gen Y’ers’ tech awareness seems to be paying off. In yet another Workplace Options poll:
- 78% of all workers agreed that Gen Y’ers are more tech-savvy in the workplace than other generations.
- 70% of all respondents consider this technological edge to be an inherent career advantage.
— Adapted from Survey: Gen Y’ers say, ‘Give me an iPad or iQuit!’ Kelley M. Butler, ; WorkplaceOptions.com.