Across the nation, there is an ongoing trend of promoting healthy eating and exercise among all age groups. Acan help your employees (and even their families) get in on that trend.
According to the 2006 Principal Financial Well-Being Index, a survey of workers from firms employing 10 to 1,000 employees, participation in employer-sponsored wellness programs is at an all-time high. Specifically:
79% of employees (as compared to 68% in 2005) participated in on-site health screenings;
65% of employees implemented a personalized action plan for high-risk conditions, up from 45% in 2005; and
60% of employees (as compared to 38% in 2005) took advantage of fitness facilities when offered this benefit.
With numbers like these and more and more employees trying to achieve a healthy lifestyle, you might be toying with the idea of implementing a wellness program at your organization. If you are, take the f...(register to read more)
- Obama signs Ledbetter Act, easing path for pay-bias suits
- Pay for required desk time--even if no work is happening
- With Obama re-elected, kick ACA compliance into high gear
- 3 federal tests: Are workers employees or independent contractors?
- What should we do? If employee took all her comp time, she couldn't do her job