Across the nation, there is an ongoing trend of promoting healthy eating and exercise among all age groups. Acan help your employees (and even their families) get in on that trend.
According to the 2006 Principal Financial Well-Being Index, a survey of workers from firms employing 10 to 1,000 employees, participation in employer-sponsored wellness programs is at an all-time high. Specifically:
79% of employees (as compared to 68% in 2005) participated in on-site health screenings;
65% of employees implemented a personalized action plan for high-risk conditions, up from 45% in 2005; and
60% of employees (as compared to 38% in 2005) took advantage of fitness facilities when offered this benefit.
With numbers like these and more and more employees trying to achieve a healthy lifestyle, you might be toying with the idea of implementing a wellness program at your organization. If you are, take the f...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- The curious case of the pay raise that went viral
- Check your pay rates! Obvious male/female disparity is probably 'willful' discrimination
- Vacation Accrual Isn't Required During FMLA Leave
- For new mom with very ill baby, what are our FMLA and unemployment obligations?