The idea of Cupid circling cubicles isn't so far-fetched. Plenty of individuals find their soul mates among their office mates. But for every happy ending, there are many more workplace romances that go south. It's not only intra-office romances gone awry that give love a bad name. An employee's off-hour dalliances can come back to haunt not only him/her, but the company as well. Learn how best to shield your organization from the havoc that can ensue when Cupid's arrows hit their mark.
Relationship repercussions of unrequited love
When you think of love gone bad, images of romantic poems, love notes, and pretty flowers typically don't come to mind. But heartfelt symbols of a worker's genuine interest in another can be just as legally damaging as hateful vulgarities or demands for sex. If the advances are unwanted by the target and the would-be paramour can't take no for answer, you need to step in before these s...(register to read more)
- In RIFs, Show That Economics (Not Age) Drove Your Decision
- Indefinite leave is not a 'reasonable accommodation'
- Problem employee both brash and unskilled? Focus on performance issues when disciplining
- Discuss retirement after layoff decision has been made
- Don't let fear of being sued stop you from disciplining employee