The idea of Cupid circling cubicles isn't so far-fetched. Plenty of individuals find their soul mates among their office mates. But for every happy ending, there are many more workplace romances that go south. It's not only intra-office romances gone awry that give love a bad name. An employee's off-hour dalliances can come back to haunt not only him/her, but the company as well. Learn how best to shield your organization from the havoc that can ensue when Cupid's arrows hit their mark.
Relationship repercussions of unrequited love
When you think of love gone bad, images of romantic poems, love notes, and pretty flowers typically don't come to mind. But heartfelt symbols of a worker's genuine interest in another can be just as legally damaging as hateful vulgarities or demands for sex. If the advances are unwanted by the target and the would-be paramour can't take no for answer, you need to step in before these s...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Boss seems to be seeking young 'dream team'? Be alert for possible age discrimination
- Never stereotype jobs based on gender roles
- Independent investigations by HR remove bosses' biases
- Aggressive employee terrifies co-workers? Now that's failing to meet expectations!