Q. We’ve received differing information on exactly what notices we’re legally supposed to post in our office. Where can I find a reliable listing?
A. Pennsylvania employers can get information about posting and links to actual posters through the U.S. Department of Labor and the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.
For notices required by federal law, posting requirements vary by statute and not all employers are covered by each employment-related statute. A list of posters required by federal employment law can be found on the U.S. Department of Labor’s website: www.dol.gov/compliance/topics/posters.htm.
In Pennsylvania, employers also are required to post certain notices in their work sites so employees have access to and information about applicable state labor laws. Those posters can be downloaded free from the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry website: www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/directory/required_posters.
- Scents and ... sensible policy: Must you accommodate 'Chemical sensitivity'?
- Follow all leads when investigating allegations--even if they take query in new direction
- Know the one key limit on at-will employment
- State unemployment reforms to take effect July 1
- Cut health insurance costs by uncovering ineligible dependents