Q. We’ve received differing information on exactly what notices we’re legally supposed to post in our office. Where can I find a reliable listing?
A. Pennsylvania employers can get information about posting and links to actual posters through the U.S. Department of Labor and the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.
For notices required by federal law, posting requirements vary by statute and not all employers are covered by each employment-related statute. A list of posters required by federal employment law can be found on the U.S. Department of Labor’s website: www.dol.gov/compliance/topics/posters.htm.
In Pennsylvania, employers also are required to post certain notices in their work sites so employees have access to and information about applicable state labor laws. Those posters can be downloaded free from the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry website: www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/directory/required_posters.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't let office romance poison workplace; third parties can sue
- Filene's: out of the basement
- Shelving of controversial 'card check' provision doesn't mean union-friendly EFCA bill is dead
- Interstate truck loaders aren't entitled to overtime