1. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled last month that state agencies can no longer face damages for certain lawsuits under what law?
a. Fair Labor Standards Act
c. Americans with Disabilities Act
2. What do CFOs say are the top three co-worker behaviors that annoy them most (in order)?
a. Sloppy work; gossip/office politics; missed deadlines
b. Missed deadlines; being late; sloppy work
c. Gossip/office politics; sloppy work; being late
3. Federal law says that, during the school year, 14- and 15-year-olds are allowed to work a maximum of:
a. 5 hours on a school day; 25 hours in a school week
b. 4 hours on a school day; 22 hours in a school week
c. 3 hours on a school day; 18 hours in a school week
4. When employees have financial problems, what do HR professionals say are the top two negative consequences at work?
a. Employee’s ability to focus; overall stress
b. Increased, lower morale
c. Increased stress; failing health
5. While this number may seem low to HR pros who’ve seen applicants’ Facebook pages, what percentage of social network users say they’ve posted content that they regret?
6. What percentage of HR professionals say they’ve suffered verbal abuse (yelling, screaming, cursing) from an employee or manager?
Sources: 1. U.S. Supreme Court; 2. Accountemps survey; 3. U.S. Department of Labor; 4. Society for Human Resourcesurvey; 5. Pew Internet survey; 6. HR in the Crossfire survey, Sullivan University.
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. c 4. a 5. b 6. b
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/31176/the-hr-iq-test-may-12 "