1. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled last month that state agencies can no longer face damages for certain lawsuits under what law?
a. Fair Labor Standards Act
c. Americans with Disabilities Act
2. What do CFOs say are the top three co-worker behaviors that annoy them most (in order)?
a. Sloppy work; gossip/office politics; missed deadlines
b. Missed deadlines; being late; sloppy work
c. Gossip/office politics; sloppy work; being late
3. Federal law says that, during the school year, 14- and 15-year-olds are allowed to work a maximum of:
a. 5 hours on a school day; 25 hours in a school week
b. 4 hours on a school day; 22 hours in a school week
c. 3 hours on a school day; 18 hours in a school week
4. When employees have financial problems, what do HR professionals say are the top two negative consequences at work?
a. Employee’s ability to focus; overall stress
b. Increased, lower morale
c. Increased stress; failing health
5. While this number may seem low to HR pros who’ve seen applicants’ Facebook pages, what percentage of social network users say they’ve posted content that they regret?
6. What percentage of HR professionals say they’ve suffered verbal abuse (yelling, screaming, cursing) from an employee or manager?
Sources: 1. U.S. Supreme Court; 2. Accountemps survey; 3. U.S. Department of Labor; 4. Society for Human Resourcesurvey; 5. Pew Internet survey; 6. HR in the Crossfire survey, Sullivan University.
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. c 4. a 5. b 6. b
- Quicken Loans builds culture with freebies, CEO contact
- 10 Steps to Stress-Free, Lawsuit-Free Termination Meetings
- Negotiating a severance package
- Changing benefits plans? Make transition accurate, timely
- 'Pick the tomatoes off my sandwich!' Are your managers overusing the 'other duties as required' clause?