Facebook says it’s seen “a distressing increase” in reports of employers seeking to gain access to employees’ profiles. Several states are taking action.
Maryland passed a bill in April that bars employers from asking applicants or employees for their passwords to social media sites. Other states, including California and Illinois, are also considering the measure.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- With DHS cracking down, follow these I-9 best practices
- Retaliation alert: Most public employees protected when reporting alleged wrongdoing
- Maintain computer time records to prove overtime hours
- When union tensions boil, make sure managers keep cool when tempted to make accusations