Facebook says it’s seen “a distressing increase” in reports of employers seeking to gain access to employees’ profiles. Several states are taking action.
Maryland passed a bill in April that bars employers from asking applicants or employees for their passwords to social media sites. Other states, including California and Illinois, are also considering the measure.
- Beware: Employees don't have to meet EEOC deadline in race discrimination cases
- Illinois workers' comp reform rules now in effect
- Complaining employee wants harassment investigation dropped
- One less tune for whistle-blowers to play: Sarbanes-Oxley Act trumps Colorado common law
- What you need to know about Florida's new Guns at Work Law