Facebook says it’s seen “a distressing increase” in reports of employers seeking to gain access to employees’ profiles. Several states are taking action.
Maryland passed a bill in April that bars employers from asking applicants or employees for their passwords to social media sites. Other states, including California and Illinois, are also considering the measure.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Tame the paper: Creating a system for daily records management
- Retaliation ruling could cost Contra Costa County $1 million
- Administration to extend FMLA rights to all same-sex spouses
- Just asking for help doesn't trigger accommodation process