Facebook says it’s seen “a distressing increase” in reports of employers seeking to gain access to employees’ profiles. Several states are taking action.
Maryland passed a bill in April that bars employers from asking applicants or employees for their passwords to social media sites. Other states, including California and Illinois, are also considering the measure.
- Prepare for the EFCA—even if unions never worried you before
- What are the pitfalls of 'double-breasting' to win nonunion contracts?
- Track HR decisions to show discipline wasn't harassment
- Lafayette pays $1 million to settle harassment charges
- ABA/DOL partnership: 'New sheriff' gets a deputy, which could trigger more FMLA, FLSA lawsuits