Facebook says it’s seen “a distressing increase” in reports of employers seeking to gain access to employees’ profiles. Several states are taking action.
Maryland passed a bill in April that bars employers from asking applicants or employees for their passwords to social media sites. Other states, including California and Illinois, are also considering the measure.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- ADA doesn't give employee freedom to redefine his job
- Do we have to pay for 'Promised' hours?
- Trouble in the air: The legal ailments of sick-building syndrome
- When harassment allegations surface, launch comprehensive investigation right away