Facebook says it’s seen “a distressing increase” in reports of employers seeking to gain access to employees’ profiles. Several states are taking action.
Maryland passed a bill in April that bars employers from asking applicants or employees for their passwords to social media sites. Other states, including California and Illinois, are also considering the measure.
- Union, no! Less reason to fear union-organizing campaigns
- Supreme Court health care decision sets off health benefits scramble
- Follow basic rules for job descriptions, interviews to avoid hiring bias
- New Supreme Court ruling redefines boundaries of race discrimination
- Writing performance reviews: What NOT to say