Facebook says it’s seen “a distressing increase” in reports of employers seeking to gain access to employees’ profiles. Several states are taking action.
Maryland passed a bill in April that bars employers from asking applicants or employees for their passwords to social media sites. Other states, including California and Illinois, are also considering the measure.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employees must file discrimination cases within 180 days
- Conducting background checks that comply with the FCRA
- Shopping for employee-lawsuit insurance: 6 questions to ask
- Beware promises about schedules, retention that could create an employment contract