OSHA has cited Troy-based welding equipment manufacturer Hobart Brothers Co. with 55 safety violations totaling $174,600 in fines.
OSHA inspected the facility as part of its Site-Specific Targeting Program, which sends inspectors to facilities with injury and illness rates above the national average.
The inspection found 31 serious safety violations with penalties totaling $121,500. Most violations involved basic physical safety hazards: holes in the floor, inadequate railings, locked exit doors, unsafe energy sources and faulty guards on dangerous machinery.
Additionally, OSHA found 12 serious health violations, worth $51,300 in penalties. Five other-than-serious violations totaled $1,800.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Former Lucas County sheriff seeks to recover legal fees
- Stink in Clifton leads OSHA to violations jackpot
- Just got served with court papers? It's OK to impose already-Planned discipline
- Track all discipline so you can show harsh punishment wasn't retaliation