by Paul Spiegelman
The greatest compliment I get from candidates who apply for jobs at The Beryl Cos. comes in the form of a question: Why is everyone smiling?
The answer is simple: They’re happy. They’re having a good time. They want to be here.
Yes, this is a workplace. But we have a lot of fun here. We have Crazy Hat Day and Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day. We have awards and cookouts and family events and birthday parties. We do it all in an effort to make this a place where employees smile while they do their work.
Here are 10 tips for creating a culture of fun while attending to the serious business of serving your customers and protecting your bottom line.
1. Evolve your culture slowly. Ours took a number of years to establish, and it’s still a work in progress. Start small by experimenting with a single department. Get a serious commitment from topbefore you attempt any culture change.
2. Emphasize “right f...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- IRS issues 'grab bag' guidance on Health Savings Accounts
- Suspect sick leave abuse? Set strong policy to stamp it out--and allow legit FMLA leave
- 10 ways to rev up training for the recovery
- Workers gone wild ... and the lessons to be learned