Local governments in Michigan can, and sometimes do, legislate their own rules for employers within their jurisdictions. For example, several municipalities have living-wage laws stipulating higher pay than the state minimum wage, as well as bans on sexual orientation discrimination ...
- Arbitration agreement should stand on its own, separately from employee handbook
- Can we discipline late worker by cutting her pay?
- In New Jersey, even employee's spouse can bring lawsuit—For indirect damages
- The practice judges never forgive: Retaliation
- This just in: Don't fire employee for taking FMLA leave