Have you ever wondered: "What the heck is a pivot table?!?"
You may have heard this term bantered about by the Excel gurus in your office. You may have even worked with a pivot table that was set up for you, but you didn't know how it was put together.
I like to call pivot tables custom table writers.
Let's say you have some very detailed data: employee data, student data, or maybe customer transaction data, and you just want to see a segment of it in a report. Let's see how we do this with a pivot table...
Join us April 11 for the newest webinar in our Office Technology Series, Excel Pivot Tables: Getting Your Data to Talk. Our tech expert and Microsoft® Certified Trainer Melissa Esquibel will teach you:
In just 75 minutes, learn how Excel Pivot Tables can help you in your work:
- Structuring data for use in pivot tables
- Working with the Office 2007 pivot table format
- Modifying pivot tables
- Creating pivot charts
- Advanced Features: Report Filter Pages, Calculated Fields, working with GETPIVOT
- Why pivot tables?
- What are they used for?
- What cumbersome procedures can they replace?
- How do you know if your data will work?
- What kind of data can be pivoted?
- How can you clean up datasets, so you can pivot them?
- Crafting pivot table reports
- Formatted tables
- Interactivity: sorting and filtering
- Filter pages
- Totals and subtotals
- Validating data: Great tips for double-checking your analysis
- Automatic updating
- What happens when the data changes?
- Should you allow pivot tables to automatically update?
- Pivot charts
- Creating pivot charts in one keystroke
- Modifying charts
- The relationship between pivot charts and pivot tables
- Advanced Features
- Calculated Fields
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/30851/video-training-excel-pivot-tables "