If the court strikes down the ACA, expect the employer-provided health insurance landscape to remain largely as it has for the last 50 years. If the court affirms it, the ACA’s ambitious timetable for revamping the nation’s health insurance system will continue.
The ACA was challenged four times last year in federal appeals courts. Two panels said the law passes constitutional muster. One said it was too soon to decide the question. A fourth ruled parts of the law unconstitutional.
The Supreme Court agreed to hear the government’s appeal of the last case, an Au...(register to read more)
- No unemployment benefits just because of long commute
- Workers required to attend 'voluntary' training? Be prepared to pay nonexempt employees
- Houston firm dedicates one day per year to volunteerism
- Independent contractor or employee? How to make the call
- Final New York wage deduction regulations now in effect