The Indian Beach-Salter Path Fire Department faces $10,838 in fines after state OSHA inspectors learned that firefighters had removed 120 ceiling tiles that contained asbestos from a mobile home a citizen had donated for use in the department’s training program.
The department would have been spared the asbestos violations if the homeowner had removed the tiles before donating the trailer.
The good news: It could have been worse. Initially, state officials issued 12 serious and five other-than-serious citations for asbestos exposure. However, the fire department persuaded the North Carolina Department of Labor to reduce the fines from an original assessment of $14,450.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/30746/donors-gift-causes-osha-fines-for-fire-department "