A recent poll by staffing firm Manpower asked HR professionals what one word they’d use to describe social media in today’s workplace. The most frequent response? Necessary.
The rest of the top 15 responses, in order: distracting, dangerous, helpful, scary, growing, wasteful, annoying, complicated, essential, overwhelming, time-consuming, useful, valuable and crazy.
The respondents cited LinkedIn as their most-used social networking tool.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Good evaluation, raise don't invalidate retaliation claim
- It pays to hear both sides of the story before a firing
- Use objective criteria, transparent process to ensure promotions are fair for everyone
- Railroads furlough more workers in gamble business will improve