The former personal assistant to Lady Gaga was “figuratively, if not literally, always at (Gaga’s) side” and “on duty during all hours of each 24-hour day with no entitlement to breaks … or, at times, even sleep.” The assistant was even responsible for “ensuring the promptness of a towel following a shower.”
The problem, as the assistant’s lawsuit claims, is that Lady Gaga failed to pay her overtime. Now, she says, she’s owed hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The lesson: Paying someone a salary doesn’t automatically make them exempt from the Exempt vs. Nonexempt Checklist.and . Look at the duties and compare them to our
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/30650/lady-gaga-the-flsa-a-bad-romance "
- FLSA violations cost Houston restaurant $126,000
- L.A. 'hostess' dancers sue for wage violations, harassment
- Get expert help when classifying commercial drivers
- Make sure rigorous performance expectations don't drive employees to work off the clock
- What should we do? If employee took all her comp time, she couldn't do her job