Printing company SpeQtrum Prepress Production Services faces 14 serious safety and health violations and one other-than-serious violation following an OSHA inspection of its facility in Euless. Proposed penalties add up to $44,800.
OSHA inspectors found a variety of violations: blocked exits, unsafe storage of dangerous materials, improper machinery safeguards, electrical hazards and poorly maintained forklifts. OSHA also cited the company for poor safety record-keeping.
The inspection was part of OSHA’s Site-Specific Targeting program, which focuses enforcement efforts on industries with high rates of workplace injury and illness.
Note: Find information concerning OSHA’s Site-Specific Targeting program at www.osha.gov.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware firing after employee files workers' comp claim
- Respond ASAP when disabled worker requests reasonable accommodation under FEHA
- Beware bigger penalties for wage-and-hour claims under N.J. whistle-blower law
- Disabled workers can collect unemployment if denied accommodations they ask for