Printing company SpeQtrum Prepress Production Services faces 14 serious safety and health violations and one other-than-serious violation following an OSHA inspection of its facility in Euless. Proposed penalties add up to $44,800.
OSHA inspectors found a variety of violations: blocked exits, unsafe storage of dangerous materials, improper machinery safeguards, electrical hazards and poorly maintained forklifts. OSHA also cited the company for poor safety record-keeping.
The inspection was part of OSHA’s Site-Specific Targeting program, which focuses enforcement efforts on industries with high rates of workplace injury and illness.
Note: Find information concerning OSHA’s Site-Specific Targeting program at www.osha.gov.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Are we allowed to fire a mentally ill employee who makes threats?
- Employee is covered under ADA if you perceive him to be disabled
- Lancaster approves same-sex benefits for city employees
- You are required to notify employees who have been exposed to air contaminants