Employers that don’t take the time and effort to understand the ins and outs of the FMLA do so at their peril. Courts are beginning to lose patience and have started assessing employers double damages for FMLA violations. Something as simple as not making sure employees understand what method you use to calculate FMLA leave entitlements can mean huge liabilities ...
- If an employee's loved one dies, can he use FMLA leave to settle estate affairs?
- Don't let abusive staff use disability as excuse; you can fire for behavior
- Can unmarried couple both take FMLA leave for newborn?
- Can we reduce pay for exempt employee who will miss work for intermittent FMLA leave?
- In layoffs, keep FMLA leave out of performance rankings