Employers that don’t take the time and effort to understand the ins and outs of the FMLA do so at their peril. Courts are beginning to lose patience and have started assessing employers double damages for FMLA violations. Something as simple as not making sure employees understand what method you use to calculate FMLA leave entitlements can mean huge liabilities ...
- Review your FMLA policy in advance of national survey
- You'll need a calendar and a calculator: Track past service to check FMLA eligibility
- Have a no-fault attendance policy? Beware the FMLA liability trap
- Dust off your benefits policies: More mandates may be on the way
- Must we give FMLA leave to caretaker uncle?