Verizon employees logged more than 9 million training hours, including more than 60,000 hours for front-line sales and service representatives who learned to use new computer technology.
Most employees used technology to learn technology. The telecommunications giant delivers quick online and on-demand training lessons through videos, podcasts, blogs and an enterprise learning-system, so employees anywhere in the world can participate.
The company offers more than 14,000 courses in a variety of formats, from classroom to self-directed online learning.
In 2011, Verizon invested nearly $300 million in the development, education and training of its employees, as well as nearly $100 million in tuition assistance to 31,000 employees.
Contact: Ray McConville, Verizon, (908) 559-3504.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- HR, one of 'best U.S. jobs,' to grow fast this decade
- Use chemicals? Heed new training, labeling rules
- Senate votes "No!" but Obama NLRB appointee could still force you to unionize
- Totally disabled employees aren't eligible for job accommodations