by Kimberly Deas
The new iOS5 operating system has more than 200 new features that are designed to make using your iPhone easier. Here is an overview of the new features:
• Notification Center gives you alerts all in one place, including stock tickers and even the weather. New alerts appear conveniently at the top of your screen.
• iMessage lets you send unlimited messages to other iPhone, iPad or iPod users. Send photos, text messages, contacts, locations or videos to groups and even track when messages have been opened.
• Newsstand organizes all your magazines and newspaper subscriptions, from subscribing to reading the latest edition.
• Reminders sets up well-organized to-do lists complete with due dates, plus it sends alerts based on your location.
With tweaks to Mail, Calendar and Safari, as well as 190 other cool features, you will love the iOS5 platform.
But before you upgrade, here are a few tips:
- Clean up your device. Remove any apps you do not want or use.
- Transfer your apps and purchases to iTunes for easier downloading once you’ve upgraded.
- Backup your device on iTunes.
- Download iTunes 10.5 to use with iOS5 before you upgrade.
- Know your Apple ID or reset it now.
- Download iOS5 from iTunes.
One final note: When installing iOS5, some users have received the error message “3200,” which is Apple-speak for network congestion. Just follow the prompts and it should resolve itself. The hassle is well worth the rewards.
Kimberly Deas combines her 10+ years’ experience in telecommunications with a background in personal coaching and results-oriented training.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/30413/upgrading-to-ios5 "